Paysmart is a growing and innovative payroll company based in Greenville, SC. As a unified team of local professionals, we serve businesses in our community by consistently delivering the highest levels of accuracy, efficiency, compliance, and customer service. We offer payroll processing, direct deposit, payroll tax management, payroll reporting, time and attendance, e-verification, and background checks. We are also expanding into new workforce solutions this year.
Our leadership team is committed to keeping the company vision clear. Our core values guide every decision made by our team: Excellence, Relationships, and Service. These principles are the DNA of our company, and they direct how we develop our team, serve our clients, and impact our community.
We are committed to growing and winning together as one team. We place a premium on our staff’s professional development and retention as we develop our team into experienced payroll professionals. There are several company wide events throughout the year, including family and employee outings, Christmas parties, lunch and learns, and competitions. We are always looking for a reason to celebrate!
We have a history of client satisfaction and steady growth, and we are committed to building on that foundation as we look toward a bright future for the company. We are looking for an exceptional person to catch our vision and grow with us!
Position Title: Payroll Specialist
Effective Date: January 19, 2023
Work Location: Greenville, SC
Status: Full time
Reports to: Payroll Administrator
Purpose of Position
The Payroll Specialist is committed to serving each client by processing payrolls with the highest levels of accuracy, efficiency, compliance, and customer service.
Essential Job Functions
The following contains examples of work that will be performed in this position. Roles and responsibilities can often be expanded to accommodate changing business conditions and goals. Employees may regularly be asked to perform duties outside the specific functions listed.
The Payroll Specialist should expect to perform the following tasks:
- Communicate with clients to submit payroll by agreed-upon deadlines
- Assist clients with payroll-related questions
- Process incoming payrolls timely and accurately
- Answer incoming calls & make outgoing calls as needed
- Enter and maintain confidential company and employee data in payroll software
- Provide light software support to clients for payroll and timekeeping
- Add new client employees to the time management system
- Print and package payrolls
- Process daily mail
- Special projects assigned by the manager
The Payroll Specialist must naturally be able to thrive in the following areas:
- Integrity | places a premium on honesty and earning trust from teammates and clients
- Team Player | always putting teammates over self, naturally able to collaborate with others
- Client-focused | passionate about serving the needs of the client
- Detail-oriented | consistently able to cross-reference documents, find discrepancies, and correct errors
- Dependable | always reliable in following instructions and seeing the project through to completion
- Energetic | ability to do complex and mundane tasks with a high level of energy
- Focused | focused on individual goals, yet flexible to help the team where needed most
Education & Experience
The Payroll Specialist should have the following experience:
- High school diploma (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Business, Human Resources, or related area (preferred)
The Payroll Specialist should be able to perform the following physical requirements regularly:
- Regularly operates in a professional office environment. This role regularly uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- Regular movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination, and stamina.
Paysmart Payroll Services LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.